Thursday, March 18, 2010

Makeup and Hair for Headshots: Carla David Design: Meaghan Elliott Photography

These are not your ordinary headshots.
I was so excited when Carla of Carla David Design asked me to do her hair and makeup for a session she was doing with Meaghan Elliott Photography for headshots for her website.  I think it is so important for clients to see a face of who they are going to hire when they go to a website.  It is amazing how I feel so much more comfortable hiring someone when I can see they are a "real" person.  Meaghan Elliott is a phenomenal photographer at capturing someone's personality and not making photos look stuffy(which is what most people think when they think headshots).  And Meaghan worked her magic once again.  Don't these photos make you want to hire Carla David Design?

Another thing I highly recommend for any person considering getting head shots taken, is to get your makeup professionally done.  I think many people are afraid to get their makeup done because they are worried they will not look like themself.  Or worst case scenario, look like a clown (I have heard of that fear on numerous occasions).  But as you can see, Carla looks very natural and very pretty.  All of her features stand out and her makeup is done in a way that you truly see HER and are not distracted by shine, uneven skin tone or dark circles (not that Carla has any of those problems :)

So the day we shot was FREEZING and the girls were major troopers.  I happened to have left just in time because it started hailing when I drove away.  I know, I am a lucky girl.  So after I left they moved inside for a few shots to thaw out.

I love the B&W shots that Meaghan does.
 Thank you girls for including me in all the fun.

If anyone is in need of a fabulously talented Graphic designer/ Invitation designer/ Event designer make sure you check out Carla David Design.

And you all know how much I love Meaghan Elliott Photography.  To see Meaghan's blog entry about the shoot click here.



No comments: