Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Do you love it?

I was just washing the dishes and my two year old daughter came running up to me with my lip gloss all over her mouth yelling "look mommy, look." She smiled and batted her eyes at me and asked "Do you love it? I'm beautiful." I think it is amazing what a little lip gloss can do for a girl, whether we are 2 or 82. And one of the reasons that I do what I do is because I think it is extreemly important for a woman to LOVE her makeup on her wedding day.

I find myself wanting to ask this question "Do you love it?" all the time, and one of the most special ways that brides tell me yes is my sending me their pictures. Receiving photos from a bride is the best thank you I could ever receive. Not only does it give me a chance to see what the wedding was like, but I get the opportunity to see how the Bride was able to shine the whole day. And I feel so special knowing I had a part in it.

Not only did Angie (below) send me some of her beautiful photos but she also wrote a review for me on Wedding Wire which helped me to receive the "Brides Choice Award". Thanks for everything Angie.

2 comments:

jlowe said...

Beautiful - as always! Really, the fact of the matter is, that any bride that chooses you to do their makeup is making a PERFECT decision because not only do you REALLY care about them LOVING their makeup - you care about them. That makes you a gem!

Anonymous said...

Amie - you're the best. I just recommended you to a friend who's getting married in October. I can't thank you enough for the awesome job you did on our wedding day :) - Angie